Wednesday was my sister-in-law's birthday and her husband asked me to make her a cake. So I agreed, thinking I would bake the cakes Monday and decorate them Tuesday. Then my mom calls Monday night to remind me we are going to Mary Poppins on Tues! So that means I have to bake and decorate all in one night, 5 hours to be exact! So with a little (or a lot) of help from my husband we finally got it done.

First, I baked 3 cakes, the part that takes so long is waiting for them to cool before I can dirty frost them.

                             In hopes that I could speed the process up, I stuffed them into my freezer!
I finally learned the tricks of getting the cakes out of the pan with ease...
I asked (made) my husband roll out the fondant to cover the cakes. Then I form it into the cake, which is harder then it looks!
Then comes the fun part of decorating with my Cricut Cake
I think I need a bigger kitchen!
And this is the finished product!



This entry was posted on 8:11 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Huntsman Family said...

    Wow that looks great kenz! Way to go:)

  1. ... on September 9, 2011 at 8:15 AM  
  2. Terry said...

    You are really getting good!! Look out Cake Boss here comes McKenzie!!!

  3. ... on September 9, 2011 at 11:53 AM