My mother-in-law got me a Cricut Cake for Christmas and my first attempt was to make her birthday cake! It took me 5 hours! First of all I only had one 8 in pan so I had to bake the two separately. Then I tried to frost them too early and they crumbled. So then I had to bake two more! 2 1/2 hours later and a little help from my husband I was ready to play!  I put the cakes in the freezer then frosted them and that worked great. Next I rolled out the white fondant and laid it over the cake. Then I went to town cutting. Let me emphasize, I could not of done this without my husband! He was a life saver.

My next project is my birthday cake!  I am going to make a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and then go to town on my Cricut! I post pictures of either my masterpiece or disaster cake!



This entry was posted on 2:55 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

    Carly said...

    Never heard of a cricut cake, but that cake is awesome!!!

  1. ... on January 24, 2011 at 9:16 PM  
  2. Madalyn said...

    That looks awesome! way to go!

  3. ... on January 26, 2011 at 5:29 PM  
  4. Jenna Silotti said...

    That's really neat! Oh the possibilities with the Cricut! I can't wait to see what you do for your cake!!

  5. ... on January 30, 2011 at 9:01 AM